GENERAL RULES FOR ALL CONTESTS:
The following rules governing all contests aired on KMED-AM (also known as KMED), and on the station’s website. In the following rules, wherever the word “KMED” appears, they include the business entity to which the station is licensed, and any member companies, parent corporations, and affiliates.
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any KMED contest. For free admission information, call (541) 772-4170.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on KMED, you must not have won anything on KMED in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past year. Some KMED contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values (see addendum “A” below), and these rules will be aired on KMED during said contests. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a member of that household has won a contest. A “household” is defined as any individuals residing at the same address.
3. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
4. Anytime you call the KMED studio, you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
5. As a participant of a KMED contest, you assume that your voice, name, and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or Internet purposes.
6. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize shall be made at the request of a winner. KMED reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
7. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize values at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at KMED prior to claiming prize.
8. In the event a winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any government agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), KMED’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the government entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as KMED awarding the prize to the winner. KMED shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. KMED shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
9. All KMED contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 and over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to KMED that will be presented to KMED and accepted before the prize is awarded.
10. Winners will be expected to claim prize at KMED, 3624 Avion Drive, Medford, OR 97504 between the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize which will be specifically stated.
11. Employees of KMED, Bicoastal Media, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the KMED Main Studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
12. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest void where prohibited.
13. KMED reserves theright to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
14. KMED and it’s parent corporation, Bicoastal Media, LLC, assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest.
15. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, KMED reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue and contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of KMED management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
16. KMED and it’s parent corporation, Bicoastal Media, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
17. Although KMED will make reasonable efforts to conduct its contests substantially as announced or advertised, KMED reserves the right in extraordinary situations to change or modify the rules of its contests as exigent circumstances may require. In such cases, KMED will amend the rules for that contest and broadcast the amended rules as promptly as possible. In such case, the contest will be conducted in accordance with the amended rules.
18. KMED reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. KMED will provide all contest judges. The decision of the judges is final.
19. For any contest requiring phone entry, you must use only the following numbers unless otherwise specified: 541-770-5633. The person operating the telephone at KMED has the final decision over who is the winning caller
20. For any contest requiring website registration to participate may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
21. For any contest requiring written entry forms, they may be faxed to KMED at (541) 858-5416, e-mailed to a contest specific address on http://www.kmed.com or mailed/delivered to KMED, 3624 Avion Drive, Medford, OR, 97504. All entries become property of KMED and will not be returned. KMED reserves the right to retain any or all contest materials for any reason that KMED deems necessary to the completion of the contest, or reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising. KMED shall have no responsibility for a contestant’s failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, e-mail, or internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
22. KMED shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, e-mail, or Internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
23. KMED shall have no responsibility for failure to claim any prize from a participating client, such as movie passes, unless otherwise stated in an amendment or addendum to the contest rules.
24. The following are specifically related to E-mail contests and E-Mail Club promotions on KMED.com
a. All appropriate information in the required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize, you must reside within the listening area of KMED, as defined at the exclusive discretion of KMED management
c. Any problems with the Internet or e-mail are not KMED’s responsibility.
25. A written copy of all KMED Contest Rules are available during regular business hours at KMED, 3624 Avion Drive, Medford, OR, 97504.