1-10-13 FIRE CREWS RESPOND TO HOME ON CARMELLIA AVENUE

Jan 10, 2013 -- 10:00am

Fire crews responded to a home on Camellia Avenue in Medford early yesterday morning. Medford Fire-Rescue responded to the 4:17 a.m. call and were able to knock down the fire in about ten minutes. The fire burned through the attic and garage of the home, but all of the occupants managed to escape safely. Investigators determined that the blaze started when still-hot ashes from a wood stove were dumped into a trash can. A smoke detector in the home failed to alert the family because it didn't have a battery in it. No damage estimates were available.

Return to: Medford_news Blog

PHOTO GALLERIES

    An Ad has not been trafficed here..